Monday, March 3, 2008

Rested from Retreat...

What a beautiful week-end I was blessed with. Quiet, peaceful and prayerful...
wonderful workshops beautiful music...

We had a snow storm on Friday afternoon - thanks to my hubby he was able to get me there safe and on time... I sat in the chapel and watched the snow cover the trees in the courtyard. The title of the retreat was "You alone are my God". HE is our personal God each of us - hard to understand that type of Love - but thru the grace of God we can feel it in our hearts...

Father Patrick spoke about "prayer" and how important it is to pray for others - how lives can change thru prayers. However we must remember it is in HIS time. Father said as parents and grandparents we may not even see the answer to prays for our family members on earth but we will witness it from above...

Another workshop was about the importance of "quiet time for prayer" how we need to still the busyness of our lives and become quiet. When our thoughts wander as they will i.e. what will I make for dinner? - what needs washed? - what needs done at work?....he said to pray for God to help you set those thoughts aside and consentrate on the here and now. Another great workshop was about forgiveness...she recommends a book by Lewis Smedes - Forgive & Forget -also - Forgiving the Unforgiveable by David Stoop.

I feel blessed and rested. What a wonderful time to go also during Lent...
Hope all are well..M

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I'm glad that you had such a blessed time!

Melanie said...

I am so happy that you had such a wonderful time! I always feel so refreshed. God bless!