Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Days of Lent...

Seems like yesterday was Ash Wednesday...where has the time gone and have I done what needs done? Sure I gave up Peanut Butter for Lent and that may make you smile but that my friends is very hard for me - so I think....Mary get a grip....

I read about the crucifixion Mark 15:22 "they brought Jesus to a place called Golgotha (which means The Place of the Skull) that alone makes me cold with fear -can you image our Lord? Luke 22:42-44 "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done"! He knew what was ahead of Him - an angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened Him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground."

We read in Mark 15:34 and at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani" - which means, "My God, my God why have you forsaken me? That was nine hours...can you image and we complain when we are tired, overworked, unappreciated. When we feel abandoned - when we feel frustrated - when we feel scared...go to the cross... I am just in awe that Jesus Christ would have gone to the cross for just me...

God's peace to all.....

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I is amazing the sacrifice that Jesus made for us..beautiful and awesome! I am so thankful for His Resurrection!! God is Good!

Let Love Grow said...

Hi Mary!

Yes, it is a sobering thought...through His Death we are given Life! How wonderful HE IS! I am so enjoying reading "Mere Christianity"...So many beautiful truths refreshing my soul! HOw much i love Him!

Anonymous said...

Very insightful post.

Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I really appreciate it. It's wonderful to find a fellow Christian blogger.

Blessings to you and your family.

Rebekah said...

Very beautiful! Thank you, friend.