Saturday, February 23, 2008

This Side of Heaven~~

"Some things you may never understand this side of heaven, if you are always trying to figure it out, it will only bring frustration and confusion. Learn to trust God, and know that as long as you're doing your best, as long as your're keeping your heart pure before God, you are exactly where you're supposed to be. (Joel Osteen) (Become a Better You".)

I enjoyed both of Joel Osteen's books and I really like the quote about not understanding things "this side of heaven". I think we all at some time or another during our lives try to make sense of things that will never make sense.... I am thankful that on the journey I have been on lately I have really stopped trying to figure it out. I have accepted that it is ok to not understand. If I try to understand why God would allow things to happen that would be me thinking God is on our level - HELLO - not so...I feel peace in my heart and I praise God for helping me find peace in a confusing world.

God bless..

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Well said..

duopastorale said...

That's a word just for me today! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

His peace is a wondrous thing!