Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Guidance part 2...

So I am not one to ever say "God give me a sign" - but wow talk about a brick wall.
I have been reading the Word of God and I keep coming across scripture relating to
"LOVE" - and forgiveness. This is where I really get hung up - I know I will always love my son and I do forgive him because he needs my prayers. So this morning I am walking across the street and a car stopped to ask directions - he put his window down and he was an older man - gray hair - and asked for the directions and then he put his hand up to point to where I was telling him and he had a tatoo across his
fingers with - are you ready - L O V E on them....he was like 70 years old....
I said - ok Lord I know you are with me and will give me the strenght I need to face each day... Have a good day ....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've been learning more about forgiveness at church recently. How Jesus died for everyone, how His forgiveness is offered to everyone who will open the door; because we have been forgiven much we can love much and in turn forgive much.

I so want to get this deep into my heart.

Hugs.

ChrisJ said...

I have been a believer since I was eighteen years old. I am now 70 -- and He has never forsaken me or disappointed me. He knows my weaknesses and my strengths and He still loves me and cares for me -- and best of all, forgives me for my silly mistakes and sometimes rebellious thoughts.
He is worthy!

Anonymous said...

love and forgiveness are huge to an abundant life in Christ, but not natural or easy to do. I am learning that forgiveness is not a feeling..well eventually, but I must pray hard and choose it. Then it will come. I do love that HE does give us little signs, and shows us that HE is always with us. Keep praying for your son, I was a prodigal of 25 years and God still does miracles!! Love, Darla

http://4evrhis.wordpress.com

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Bit of the Blarney said...

I visit you today from via This I Do. Know that you are in my prayers. I cannot assume to know how you are feeling. I do know that when we least expect it the answer to prayer arrives. He's never let me down, so he won't let you down either. Perseverance does pay dividends! I trust God will give you the courage and strength to carry on...wall or no wall! God Bless, Cathy

Melanie said...

~~welcome to the blog world. I hope you have a blast! I love it! I change it up here and there..fun stuff, serious stuff and so on. I try to keep it short and to the point. My 13's can get long...Anyway..you are doing great! Have a blessed wonderful day!