Sunday, March 8, 2009

Asking for God's Blanket of Protection

Hello - I have not posted since May 2008 - our world has been on somewhat of a rocky storm not sure where and when things would at least come to a point of some type of peace. February of 2008 our son - an adult was arrested. He has two beautiful little children who we love and see often. It has taken 13 months and he has been sentenced to two years of jail. I have many feelings - one being absolute comfort that God is holding me every moment of every day. I continue to pray for "a blanket of protection to surrond him" - I/we are taking life "one day at a time".

I read many blogs daily and have received comfort and knowledge from them. I feel I am ready to begin blogging again thru prayer. If you want please reply - if you have gone thru a simular situation in life - please reply.

In God's Grace, Mary

3 comments:

duopastorale said...

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Prayers for your situation and that He will bring good out of it for you. Blessings.
This I Do...

Shanita Waters said...

Hi Mary,

Again, I'm sorry that you have to go through this test but I trust God that He will bring you out with a testimony!

Now I'll share a little with you of what we've been going through which is a testimony/lesson:

My younger brother was recently arrested for a serious crime. During his stay in jail, He began to pray, read the bible and depend on God. Soon after he sent us his letter telling us that he decided to change his ways, the DA dropped the case.

Unfortunately, when he got out he was no longer interested in hearing about God or going to church. His case was reopend and soon after he said, "I don't have time for all that stuff".

Basically, what I am trying to say is that God knows what it takes to get all of our attention and draw us back to Himself. Sometimes, God has to take us away from everything and everyone we know and love so that we can hear Him clearly.

I pray that while your son is away that he get a closer relationship with the Lord and that God will get the glory out of this. I also pray for his safety.

I pray that the Lord will comfort you and the rest of your family during this time.

Blessings!
Shanita

Rebekah said...

Praying for you and with you my friend.